HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene), also known as PS (Polystyrene), is an amorphous thermoplastic material, used in lower heat applications. It is categorized as a standard material, and offers ease of processing, high impact strength, and stiffness.
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is a versatile cost-effective material engineered from tough polystyrene resins. It is often specified for low strength structural applications when impact resistance, machinability, and low cost are required. It has excellent dimensional stability and is easy to fabricate – it can be guillotine cut, die-cut, punched, and also painted and glued, properties that make it a popular option for machining pre-production prototypes.
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) can be assembled with mechanical fasteners, solvents, or adhesives. Printable grades of polystyrene can be decorated using a variety of printing methods including offset lithography, screen-printing, and digital printing. It is also used as a substrate to mount graphics such as plotter vinyls/films.
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is ideal for producing signs and displays; it is one of the lower cost materials available and contains many of the properties desired by lithographic, screen and digital printers.
The benefits of High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) including:
- High impact strength
- Can be printed using Digital, Screen, Flexo, and Litho inks
- Fabricates well – can be guillotine cut, die-cut, punched and formed
- Easy to Thermoform
- Good dimensional stability
- Fully recyclable with minimal loss of properties
Applications of High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) pellet:
- In packaging technology used as single-layer packaging for products that it do not require strict antioxidant protection.
- Making High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) plastic film to increase the water vapor and vapor barrier.
- Making printing surface to increase printing ability, making outer plastic packaging thanks to the ability to tear easily and create gloss.
- Making bottle caps, pen covers, jewelry boxes, beer safes, and fresh food containers.
- Making pharmaceutical bottles, High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) pipes, caps of solvent containers.
- Making high-frequency insulating materials, electrical insulating clamps.
- Making artificial leather sandals and woven packages.
- Student’s desks and chairs, pressing motorcycle parts, yogurt cups, plastic candy trays.
Our recycled High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) granules are 100% made from post consumer and industrial waste material. It’s packed in a 25kg durable brown paper sack with monthly capacity up to 100mt. Kindly contact us to find out more about our recycled High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) granules.
Polypeth Ekspor Indonesia is a supplier and export recycled plastic pellets (HIPS & PP) from Indonesia. We work with plastic recycling manufacturers with years of experience to provide and ensure high quality & the safety of our recycled plastic pellets. Together we reduce the use of virgin plastic resin and reduce the waste of virgin plastic pollution.
To find out more about Polypeth Ekspor Indonesia’s products and services, speak to the team by clicking here.
Write a comment