When taking into account plastic packaging types, it’s important to think about what kind of material you’re using. The proper plastic can serve as a secure and valuable solution for your business needs, but there’s more the right plastic can offer.
There are a variety of different plastics types. PET is one of them that is commonly used in food and retail packaging.
PET stands for polyethylene terephthalate and is mostly used for bottling or materials for food, water or consumer products. Items made out of PET contain a resin identification code with the number “1” marked on them. Whether you have noticed or not, there’s a good chance you either touch or see PET plastics at least once a day.
Here are some facts about PET plastics according to the National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR):
- PET is the most widely recycled plastic on earth
- It can be recycled numerous times
- Almost every recycling program in the US accept PET materials
- The Life Cycle Inventory Study reported in 2010 that “for every pound of recycled PET flake used, energy use is reduced by 84%; greenhouse gas emissions by 71%.
There are evident and affirmative benefits from recycling PET plastics. Below are some essential advantages gained by recycled PET, according to NAPCOR:
- Conservation of raw materials – reduces the need for virgin petrochemical feedstock.
- Less energy is required when converting recycled PET to a virgin equivalent, whether flake or pellet.
- Less energy use results in fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
If you are in the packaging business and would like to make an environmental impact, think about using PET plastics. Recycling a packaging plastic such as PET will have beneficial results in the long run.
Polypeth Ekspor Indonesia‘s recycled PET flakes are 100% made from post consumer and industrial waste material. It’s packed in 1 ton or 500kg jumbo bag with monthly capacity up to 100mt. Kindly contact us to find out more about our recycled PET flakes.
Polypeth Ekspor Indonesia is a supplier and export recycled plastic pellets (HIPS & PP) based in Indonesia. We work with plastic recycling manufacturers with years of experience to provide and ensure high quality & the safety of our recycled plastic pellets. Together we reduce the use of virgin plastic resin and reduce the waste of virgin plastic pollution.
To find out more about Polypeth Ekspor Indonesia’s products and services, speak to the team by clicking here.
Write a comment